Sunday, March 13, 2011

My New.....





Since I got my job, I had been debating on getting a new car. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Buick, it's been with me since a learned to drive....such great memories accompany me in that car :) But it is hard being on my own and single and really not knowing anything about cars to keep up with it. I decided that I really wanted a new car that I would not have to worry about breaking down on me, or not starting on me. So, I started looking into new cars. I searched on the internet, went and spent hours test driving multiple kinds of cars, and looking for the perfect vehicle. I left for the dealer here in Vegas one Saturday morning not necessarily planning on buying a car, and left with my new love :) It is a used 2009 Nissan Altima. (Only had 9300 miles on it) It was a great price on the car and it was a step up from the base model, so I was excited to have some extra features. I loved the dealer I went through, Theresa was there to help give me moral support, and Dad was just a phone call away :) It was quite the experience, this car buying stuff....I felt so excited about it, at the same time I watched my savings disappear, and I now have the first major loan of my life. But when I look at my car, I love it. It's all of the little things that I keep discovering that makes me love it even more each day.

What happened to that great Buick??? I ended up selling it to one of my co-workers. They got a front from the junkyard and replaced it from my accident. They absolutely love the car, and seeing it in my school parking lot always makes my heart feel a little ping of love and remembrance. But, I am glad that someone else was able to find a use for the car that went through my family.

1 comment:

Monica @ All Things Lovely said...

so awesome! how exciting for you. i want to drive with you in it and listen to jams!!