Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Travels Take 1

Theresa (My roommate) and I have been on a Temple craze and have been planning our summer trips around it :) We decided right after school got out to head to southern California to visit her sister and a few Temples down that way. The first Temple we went to was the San Diego Temple. Can I just say AMAZING!!! It is my second favorite Temple next to the Portland Temple. So gorgeous, inside and out.



After a trip to the San Diego Temple, we got a hotel to stay down in San Diego so we could go to the San Diego Fair! I was excited to join the fun of the fair and it was perfect weather.
They had a variety of foods that I had never heard of before. This in particular was the fried food stand. Let's just say that some of the fried food scared me....
Theresa and I decided to share a fried Klondike Bar. As strange as it sounds, it was so amazing! It was cold on the inside and hot fried on the outside :)
We went in to see the animals, Theresa's neice loved this part :)


We went on the Ferris Wheel as well and got some amazing views of the fair and beach.


They had a log ride that looked like so much fun, and Theresa convinced me to go and get soaked with her. It was like a miniature splash mountain! Although we ended up not getting very wet...

After our day at the San Diego Fair, we headed over to the Los Angeles Temple. That Temple was a lot bigger than I expected it to be. It was also the first Temple I had been to that was a progression Temple. It is such a pretty Temple, and the paintings are amazing inside. The grounds, like all Temples, were amazing.





After the LA Temple, we went to check out the Hollywood walk of fame. I will spare you pictures of all the stars we took pictures of, but it was so much fun! Living in Vegas made us pretty immune to the strange people on the street. We walked up and down, found ourselves a nice Itallian Restaurant to eat at, and walked the street some more. I would love to go back some day and really explore the area some more. There were some cool museums on the street that looked like a trek inside would be a lot of fun.
We also drove up to the Hollywood Sign....Well, mostly up. We wound around on tiny streets for a half hour and finally decided that we were close enough to the Hollywood sign. A future trip would definitely include the full drive and hike up to the sign.
After our trip to California, we drove up to Utah to spend some time with our families. We first stopped by the Mt. Timpanogos temple for a session.



After dropping off Theresa to visit her family, I headed over to spend some time with my family. Haydee and Amber took me to the Salt Lake Temple. After seeing the inside, it is no wonder it took the saints so long to build it :) There is so much detail that is put into every room in that Temple and the spirit is so strong. You can almost feel the strength of the early saints emanating from the walls of that Temple.



To end my trip to Utah, I asked Grandma Graff to go to the Provo Temple with me. It was so nice being able to go with her to the Temple and spend some quality time talking together. I really liked the Provo Temple and the look and layout inside.

Overall, a great start to our summertime adventures. I loved spending time with Theresa and I really loved spending time with Scott, Haydee, Amber, Mike and their families. I can't believe how quickly my nieces and nephews are growing!!



No comments: