Saturday, July 7, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a long while since I have posted and decided since it is my vacation time, it was time to get going on the updating!! It has been a fairly eventful year, and I am looking forward to it becoming even more eventful as my travels continue. On the plus side, I managed to get through my second year of teaching 4th grade and I will be teaching 4th grade again next year at the same school. Very excited about this :) So, here is a short summary of how my year went!
 I have been into getting pedicures lately, and I have discovered the nail art. These were my Halloween nails. They do an amazing job decorating for any occasion :)
 I spend Thanksgiving in Utah with Amber and Angela. We went to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. Here is Amber and Logan all bundled.



 I can't remember who took this picture of us. I seem to think it was the handiwork of Travis...
 For Christmas, I went to Oregon and mom and I decided to check out the display inside Macy's downtown. They had all of the reindeer in their stalls and Christmas trees. Mom got a little obsessive about pictures, as usual !!





 I was back in Vegas for New Years and Theresa, Andrea, and I decided to try out a black light party that was being held for the YSA in the valley. We had fun getting dressed up and decorating our shirts with glo sticks. The dance was pretty fun as well :)

 This picture is from our fourth grade field trip. We went to see the Las Vegas Philharmonic. I am with one of my favorite students on the bus :)

 I little trip the M&M Factory!

 This is from our Valentines party at school.
 For our testing this year, our theme was "Rock the test" so a few teachers dressed as rockers to join the rock band and sing a song about rocking our state tests. I think my outfit was pretty amazing!!


And a final picture of my 4th grade class this year. It was a difficult year. I had students that I absolutely loved and students who drove me absolutely crazy. It was definitely easier than my first year, but still quite a challenge. I am hoping next year will be a bit better, but who knows what the future will bring??

No comments: