Saturday, November 28, 2009

Student Teaching....OVER!!!




So I am now officially completely done with college. 100 percent college graduate, 100 percent no more tests, quizes, classrooms....well, that's not entirely true, but I am SO excited:) I finished my student teaching last Friday and I am going to miss my class so much! Here is the present that they gave to me, along with a few other very cool presents presented on my last day.
So they basically took this class picture and then my teacher got this mat and they each wrote a little note to me and signed their name. I love it! I keep looking at it and rereading it. Some of the things that they said were so good and I keep getting sad every time I read it. I really enjoyed my student teaching experience and I really liked my class and cooperating teacher. I learned so many things from this experience, and I think that I am finally one step closer to being a great teacher. I think that it is so interesting what I learned in the classroom seemed to go out the window and I was just in survival mode, trying to get through everything I needed to teach. Which, in all reality, didn't surprise me because we were warned that it might take a year to really get into doing things differently. My teacher that I was with was so supportive and taught me a lot and answered all of my questions. My students were so much fun. I really enjoy the fifth grade, I just felt like there were some things that I was teaching them that weren't necessarily solidified in my own mind (It reminded me of the show Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader)
All in all, I found that I love the school district and system in Vegas and I really enjoy the area. I decided to stay in the area for at least a little longer and so I moved into a house with three other girls that are in my singles ward. I will have my own bedroom and share a bathroom. I have applied to be a sub, and interviewed and everything, and I will be seeing in the next week or two whether or not that will work out. I am excited to go into different classrooms and to teach all different students. I will be happy to learn and grow even more by being a substitute teacher. Hopefully I will be able to get a teaching job by next school year. There are a few new elementary schools opening in the district, so I will be seeing if I can find a job at one or something....we'll just have to see:)
I feel like Vegas is the place for me right now, and I am happy to be staying there. I am thankful everyday for the Lord's guidance because I don't know if I ever could have made the decision to stay without His help.

No comments: