Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Yay for Halloween!!! When I was growing up, Halloween wasn't a huge deal for me. I think that it was because I had siblings that were so much older than me and stopped trick or treating when I was very young. I don't remember much of Halloween's as a child, besides mom making us pick out all of the sticky candy and gum and throwing it away:) I remember a few costumes, but they were usually hand me down costumes that mom would create for me. Not that I'm complaining, I loved what I dressed up as. I remember once dressing up as a Hobo, patches on levi overalls and everything. But, I don't think that I trully appreciated the act of dressing up untill I got to college. College Halloween is more of: I have no money, what can I put together that I already have that will look like a costume? Well, every year I just throw a bunch of things together, and I have fun with the whole dressing up concept. Not because I get to go out and buy a costume and wear it, but because I can make something up with what I have! As a child, I always looked forward to getting all of the halloween candy, and that was fun, but now that I am older, I love just dressing up, going to a party, and having fun, no matter how much of a dork I feel like!! Hope you enjoy some of my Halloween pictures, this year me and two of my other roommates dressed up as who's. I was Super Hero Who, Cami was Dr. Who, and Marie was Bed-Time Who...

No comments: