Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hoover Dam


The Hoover Dam is this enormous thing built seemingly in the middle of nowhere and very amazing. Just outside of the city of Boulder and along the border of Arizona, it truly is amazing. I had a lot of fun just walking on top and looking out on the rocks. I didn't actually go on any tours or go into the visitors center because it cost a lot of money, and we really didn't want to spend our money on it.... Monica had a little too much fun making dam jokes such as, "This dam escalator is small" or "This dam wind is going to blow me over" and such....

If you make these pictures bigger, I am on the Nevada-Arizona state line, two different states at once :)
They are building this massive bridge so that you can cross the border between the two states without having to go over the dam, and this is what it looks like now. You can click on the picture to make it bigger, and believe me, it is huge! I don't remember when it is supposed to be done, but they have been working on it for a while.
And nothing like some glasses from the gift shop to have some fun....

No comments: